In May 2023 the Practice went live with PATCHS. This is an on-line consultation tool which allows patients to consult with their GP by completing a quick online form that is sent and reviewed by the practice. It can also direct patients to self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services. For more information please click on the following link PATCHS
It breaks the traditional model where we are locked into real-time interactions between the practice staff and the patient in which we try to solve the seemingly impossible task of meeting soaring demand with an ever-diminishing supply of GP appointments.
Under PATCHS a patient can complete the forms at their own convenience, taking time to express themselves in away that they can't always in the context of a phone call with a receptionist of a ten minute consultation with the GP. It also allows the practice to take a more considered approach to understanding exactly what it is that the patient needs.
Whilst PATCHS isn't for every patient nor every set of circumstances, we want to work with our patients to get the maximum uptake possible for this new service and help make the most of our precious clinical resource.
The Benefits for Patients.
- Save time, you may not need a trip to the surgery and your query may be resolved with a phone call
- Continuity of care from your own GP practice – with the convenience of online access
- Medical advice 24/7 – check your symptoms and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS Choices content
- A response by the end of the next working day or sooner
- Access wherever and whenever you want from any device, and complete at a pace that suits you
- Request sick notes
To use PATCHS simply visit our website and choose the option to consult with our doctors on-line.