We will be developing this page to post answers to queries that we are receiving from patients so that others with the same question don't need to call us.
These will concentrate on practice specific matters. General guidance on matters relating to Coronavirus can be found on the NHS UK website.
The most common questions we have been receiving over the phone over the last week are shown below:-
- We will only issue a prescription for repeat medication if you have less than ten days left. Please don't order early as processing these orders takes up valuable staff resource.
- Do not order more than yoru normal quantity 'just in case'. Stockpiling of medication is not necessary and causes shortages.
- If you are requestng an inhaler for asthma but havent been prescribed one recently you will need to be reviewed by our nursing team. You can complete an on-line asthma review via e-Consult
- We have not yet been told yet what the criteria are for the highest-risk group of patients who need to be shielded for 12 weeks. We will be writing to those patients as soon as NHSE tell us who they are. In the meantime , if you feel that your medical condition makes you extremely vulnerable you can read the advice that the government has issued to the public here. Everyone should be following the governments lock-down advice regardless of medical conditions.
- Sick-notes for self-isolation can be obtained via the NHS111 on-line service
- If you are otherwise well but feel your medical condition means that you should not go to work then this is a matter between you and your employer. Employers should be making provision for all but essential workers to work from home anyway. You should be able to provide evidence of your condition via documents you already have such as prescriptions and hospital letters.
- Dropping off a paper prescription request at the surgery is not one of the essential activities covered under the lockdown. We will always make sure you have the medication you need somehow. Call us and we will take your order and support you in getting set up for on-line ordering for the future.
Please do not call the surgery unnecessarily so we can dedicate as much staff resource as possible to helping and supporting the patients who need it most.
There are more FAQs listed below.