Ainsdale Medical Centre abides by the Accessible Information Standard by:
- Asking patients if they have any communication or information needs and how best to meet these;
- Recording such information clearly and accurately;
- Indicating any communication or information needs on the patient's records, including details of how their needs should be met;
- Where we have the patient's consent to do so, sharing such information with other professionals delivering NHS services or providing adult social care;
- Endeavouring to ensure that patients receive information in a way that is accessible and understandable, and are supported by communication.
There is a really helpful video produced by NHSE which explains more about the Accessible Information Standard. The video includes subtitles and British Sign Language interpreter. It is approx 5 minutes long.
Please inform the practice if you have any communication or information needs relating to a disability, impairment, language or sensory loss - the practice will always endeavour to accommodate your needs. There is a short form you can fill in to tell us about your communication needs. A carer, relative or friend can inform us of your needs for you if you wish.